Have you heard of cloud-based construction document management? Cloud computing is changing the way companies do business. Organizations can manage and store information on the cloud rather than on local servers or computers, allowing them to move and exchange data from almost any connected location, including construction job sites.
There is an enormous amount of information generated in construction projects—specifications, submittals, plans and models, etc.—and each piece of that information goes through multiple iterations. This amount and pace of change can be overwhelming, particularly when there is no single platform for storing, coordinating and sharing this information.
Cloud-based construction document management—addresses these common problems and can help prevent errors and omissions from causing project uncertainty.
Having a standard document management strategy helps multiple team members collaborate effectively at all times. The entire project team needs to be confident that sensitive information is secure and private on a per-user permission basis.
5 ways cloud technology improves productivity in the construction industry:
- Deliver construction projects on time: Collaborating on projects in real time means you can improve overall performance and communication.
- Share information with all team members: Create private networks so all the relevant project information is available to anyone from anywhere, unless you chose otherwise.
- Keep project data safe: Ensure document privacy and protection.
- Video not phone calls: Hold face to face meetings with multiple people, anytime, from any location and on any device.
- Provides technology that supports productivity: Remove the need to send large files and wait for them to download.
Conclusion: Utilizing cloud technology from inception to completion, project team members are able to; standardize the information shared, access the most recent versions available anytime and keep project data safe.
Murow Development Consultants utilizes software based construction management systems in order to maintain and track document control tasks. Our software provides a complete audit trail as well as document visibility from submission through disposition and features notification and reminder options for new and existing documents requiring attention or disposition. Our software is capable of assigning specific view and editing rights to project participants based on their roles and responsibilities. Murow Development Consultants understands that the management and processing of project documentation is critical for the on-time delivery of a project.
According to a 2016 report from the Associated General Contractors of America and Sage, 59% of construction firms surveyed said they use or planned to use cloud-based software.
“If sufficient mobility capability exists, then the opportunity for cloud is there,” said Jay Gagne, chief technology officer for data storage and IT management firm Razor Technology.