Why spend money on a project manager for your paving project or any project for that matter?
An independent project manager will provide objective analysis and oversight of the project budget as well as the quality of the finished project.
As you begin your community street pavement and resurfacing improvement process, a quality project management team can help mitigate cost overruns and construction delays.
Here are some key steps:
- Project Pre-Construction Analysis – by engaging with the project team in the pre-construction phase, providing proper analysis of improvement needs, onboarding of complimentary trade professionals, and the review of scheduling scope of work and the specifications. This early involvement enhances the project management oversight as the project proceeds.
- Bid Administration – implementing specific plans and material specifications to ensure the project scope is well defined resulting in minimal change orders.
- Project Budget Development – using realistic data collected early in the pre-construction and results from administering the bid process results in an accurate project budget and timeline that can span multiple years/phases.
- Construction Management Oversight and Advisement – An independent project/construction manager provides assurances on quality and cost controls.
- Project Approval and Contract Closeout – important last step ensuring a quality finished project for the community.
Murow DC has decades of experience in Project and Construction Management, with a heavy emphasis on horizontal infrastructure (pavement, hardscape and softscape) construction.
Blog Written By: Wendy Bucknum, CMCA, AMS, PCAM, Director of HOA / Community Associations
Comments or questions? Please feel free to contact Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org